The Shires Therapy offers a unique and rewarding experience of psychotherapy, hypnotherapy, counselling and hypnoanalysis to help with a wide range of issues which may be holding you back from reaching your true potential on your individual journey of life.
Hypnotherapy is a natural approach to improving any area of your life which you feel is hindering you being the person you want to be or achieving that which you desire. We understand creating change can cause apprehension or anxiety, however, the first step of a journey is often the most difficult and having taken that step to contact us we are then here to help you make your today better than your yesterday.
Psychotherapy is a talking therapy aimed to improve well being and mental health to help change behaviours, overcome problems and increase happiness.
The Shires Therapy provides a non-judgemental confidential environment in a tranquil setting where together we can explore your issues and help provide relief from a wide range of challenges.
We provide bespoke therapy for your individual requirements and for the unique person you are.
About The Shires Therapy
The Shires Therapy is based in the quiet rural village of Sutton St Edmund and is easily accessible from Wisbech, March, Kings Lynn, Boston, Peterborough, Spalding, Holbeach, Long Sutton, Crowland and surrounding villages. With the digital progression that was enhanced by the covid pandemic, The Shires Therapy can offer a nationwide service in the form of consultations and therapy via Zoom.
The practice is owned by Margaret Coles, who is a fully qualified Psychotherapist and Hypnotherapist having made a career change several years ago from Human Resources, recruitment and training to create balance in her life with her family's farming business, her love of animals especially horses and to continue with her desire to help other people. Margaret firmly believes in continued professional development and is continually gaining up to date industry qualifications after already gaining a Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Practice and a Certificate in Hypnotherapy.
Margaret is also a fully qualified National Counselling Society and National Hypnotherapy Society Approved Supervisor and can offer this service to other therapists or professionals in the caring sector. Margaret holds an Enhanced DBS Certificate.
Therapy is person centred utilising an integrative approach and takes place in the relaxing warm atmosphere of a log cabin within the tranquil setting of The Shires beautiful garden, where a confidential, non-judgemental environment is offered to enable the client explore their life challenges.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Practice - AIM Awards Level 5
- Professional Accredited Member of The National Counselling Society
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills (QCF) - AIM Awards Level 3
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy For Children
- Professional Member of The National Counselling Society
- National Counselling Society Approved Supervisor
- National Hypnotherapy Society Approved Supervisor
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling - AIM Awards Level 4
- Parts Therapy Trained - Hampshire School of Hypnotherapy
- ASIST - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training - Living Works
- Cruse Bereavement Care Supervision Course (Advanced Specialist training Status with NCS)
- Cruse Bereavement Care - Supporting Bereaved Children and Young People
- Cruse Bereavement Care - Working Therapeutically with Bereaved Sibling Groups
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Panic Attacks MBB Workshop
- Enhanced DBS Certificate
- Advanced Safeguarding Certificate
- Foundation of Infant Loss Training
- Child Sexual Abuse & How to Work with Survivors
- Rape & Sexual Abuse Counselling
- How to Recognise and Work with PTSD
- Self Harm and Self Sabotage
- Anxiety and Grief Training
- Working competently with Adolescent Mental Health
Payment is required via Bank Transfer prior to the appointment or cash at the time of the appointment. Unless a minimum of 24 hours notice of cancellation is given payment in full may be required.
Terms & Conditions
If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions mentioned on this website, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.